A tour focusing on the events of WWII but also celebrating the unbreakable spirit of Budapest’s renowned Jewish Quarter. Tradition and progress going hand in hand.
Duration: 3 hours
- The Dohány Street Synagogue (we’ll go inside as well)
- The Orthodox Synagogue (exterior only)
- Ohel Sarah Mikveh
- The Liberty Square Holocaust Memorial
- The Shoes on the Riverbank Holocaust Memorial
- The Rumbach Synagogue (exterior only)
- A traditional Jewish cake and a coffee in a local pastry shop
Included: hotel pickup, entrance ticket to the Dohány Street Synagogue, refreshment and cake stop in a Jewish confectionary, public transport tickets if needed, maps and further recommendations
Available languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Turkish, Greek
Private tour prices:
- 1 – 3 people: 70€ per person
- 4 – 8 people: 65€ per person
- 9 – 12 people: 60€ per person
- 12 + people: just ask!
- Children can take the tour free of charge under age of 6!
- Please note that all payments have to be made in advance
Who’s going to be your guide?
Having been a private guide for most of her carreer, Anita specialises in individuals and small groups. If she can’t tailor the tour to your needs, we wonder who can..
An expert on Hungarian cuisine, Daniel’s aspiration is to make everyone fall in love with our rich culinary heritage. Sugar, spice and everything nice.
Being friendly and outgoing in everyday life as well, Gabi never misses an opportunity to add a personal touch to her tours by sharing all the secrets of Budapest with her guests.
His love for Budapest’s history has made Ferenc become obsessed with urban legends. If you’re here to learn more about Hungary through funny anecdotes, he is the guide you want.