A tour entirely dedicated to Hungary’s Red Past with story-telling based on vivid memories instead of dusty books. Hammer, sickle, ’56 and the trabantful days of Communism.
Included: A retro soda in a Communist-themed bar, public transportation tickets, maps and further recommendations
Duration: 3 hours
- The Soviet Liberation Monument
- The Statue of Liberty
- The House of Parliament and the Imre Nagy Memorial
- House of Terror (outside only)
- The Bloody Thursday Memorial
- A retro soda in a Communist-themed bar
- A visit to a vintage junkshop full of old communist memorabilia
- Daily at 10 am
- Price: 55€ per person
- Please note that all payments have to be made in advance
Private extras: hotel pickup, flexible and personalized itinerary, an optional visit to the outskirts of Budapest – The Socialist Paradise (not for the faint-hearted)
- 1 – 3 people: 65€ per person
- 4 – 8 people: 60€ per person
- 9 – 12 people: 55€ per person
- 12 + people: just ask!
- Children can take the tour free of charge under age of 6!
Available languages: English, German, French, Portuguese, Turkish, Greek
Who’s going to be your guide?
Having been a private guide for most of her carreer, Anita specialises on individuals and small groups. If she can’t tailor the tour to your needs, we wonder who can..
An expert on Hungarian cuisine, Daniel’s aspiration is to make everyone fall in love with our rich culinary heritage. Sugar, spice and everything nice.
Being friendly and outgoing in everyday life as well, Gabi never misses an opportunity to add a personal touch to her tours by sharing all the secrets of Budapest with her guests.
His love for Budapest’s history has made Ferenc become obsessed with urban legends. If you’re here to learn more about Hungary through funny anecdotes, he is the guide you want.